Tuesday, November 22, 2011
International journal of science and education
Whats this have to do with the environment:
Well if their is no one to teach students about the environment and how to protect it and what we do as human to destroy it their will be no more environment or teachers to worry about their has to be education in the environmental field or it could be catastrophic. We need to preserve so that our children and their children will have a place to live.
Environmental ethics is the part of environmental philosophy which considers extending the traditional boundaries of ethics from solely including humans to including the non-human world. It exerts influence on a large range of disciplines including law, sociology, theology, economics, ecology and geography.
There are many ethical decisions that human beings make with respect to the environment. For example:
- Should we continue to clear cut forests for the sake of human consumption?
- Should we continue to propagate?
- Should we continue to make gasoline powered vehicles?
- What environmental obligations do we need to keep for future generations?
- Is it right for humans to knowingly cause the extinction of a species for the convenience of humanity?\
- ^ Hardin, Garrett (December 1968). "The Tragedy of the Commons". Science 162 (3859): 1243–8. doi:10.1126/science.162.3859.1243. PMID 5699198.
- ^ Leopold, Aldo (1949). "The Land Ethic". A Sand County Almanac. ISBN 1597260452.
- ^ Vardy, Peter. The Puzzle of Ethics. ISBN 0006281443.
- ^ Singer, Peter. Practical Ethics (1 ed.). ISBN 0684148137.
- ^ Singer, Peter. " Environmental Values. The Oxford Book of Travel Stories. Ed. Ian Marsh. Melbourne, Australia: Longman Chesire, 1991. 12-16.
What does this have to do with the Enviroment:
As i explained in the summary above the enviroment is always impacted by humans and their decisions. Ethics comes into play when making your decisions we as humans have choices. We can make unethical choices that will negatively impact the environment or we can make ethical decisions that help the environment.